Monday, November 10, 2008

New Job

Good Evening!

I must admit that while I type this, my body protests. It will be short, but by way of update, I started a new job today at the University of Tennessee. I am now a staff Interpreter/Transcriber. :)

It's very exciting, but also presents a steep learning curve, as does any new experience of this nature. Orientation and a general overview of the Office of Disabilities was on the agenda today. The rest of the week is a variety of observing transcribing, observing life in the office, and generally settling in. I'm very excited about this new venture. We do feel it was providentially placed in my path, and the Lord will be faithful to reward our leap of faith.

In the meantime, I'm battling a head cold and/or sinuses, so please pray for that as it makes it difficult to be as enthusiastic about that as I would wish. I do get my own office, office phone, name plate, and email address. Pretty cool, huh?

I'll try to post some pictures before too long. :)

3 comments:

Jeff and Savannah Maples said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! May God bless you in your new adventure!

Akprestons said...

Congratulations on your new job! How exciting! I'm pretty tickled to get to be *done* with mine soon... haha

hope you get to feeling better soon! I will email you later...

love jess

oh, by the way, that pic of you and your hubby dancing in the earlier post is absolutely ADORABLE.

Unknown said...

Congrats and praise the Lord!! I was wondering when I saw your "full time" status on gmail :)

Can't wait to hear more about it!!