Monday, November 24, 2008

My New Digs

It wasn't quite three months ago that I started expressing to Kevin that I was wearing out at my job. Yes, it paid the bills. Yes, I worked with wonderful people. Yes, I could set my own hours. But, I was finding joy in my calling hard to come by. I was--and am--very grateful for that job--it allowed Kevin to finish college without having to work simultaneously.

Mere days after I expressed my feelings to Kevin, I met the director of interpreters for the University of Tennessee. She mentioned a full-time position she had open. I applied (what could it hurt?) and got the job.

What a blessing! It is a full-time, full-benefits position with vacation and sick time. I have a set schedule, and I don't have to worry about finding hours at all times of the day--they're already there for me. I am so grateful!

So....here's my office:

I share my office with another staff interpreter. She is the sweetest Christian lady, and I am so grateful to share our little space together. I think we were both a little nervous about being with each other (What will she be like? Will I annoy her? Is she clean?). It's almost like having a roommate! :-)

In the bottom right corner of the picture, you can see the small laptop with headphones on top that I use to train as a transcriptionist. It's quite the process--a little frustrating at times, but I'm so excited to use this service for Deaf/HoH students as well.

On the wall is my CERTIFICATION! But just in case your eagle eyes can't see that far:


I can even see the Sunsphere from my window, but it's kind of a yucky day outside, so I'll not post a picture of that just yet. :-)

Stay dry out there! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool!!

And I love all the posts you did about Kevin :)