Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Little of This and That

For such a historic day, I've got seemingly nothing to talk about.  But I do enjoy my own slice of history as I live it out in good ol' Knoxville, Tennessee.  As such, that's what you get today. :0)

We bought a new comforter for our bed, and this time, I went for the entire set!  

You probably can't appreciate this unless you saw what we had before: a teal bed skirt, red bed sheets, and a purple comforter that didn't quite cover the mattress--at all.

After a couple of months passed, and we'd earned a little extra cash, I dove in, and am quite pleased by the result.  It's chocolate brown with embroidered ivory flowers.  And it's warm, too!  None of this synthetic stuff!  This one's the real deal--we love it!

I'm not quite sure why the next picture is black and white.  I don't recall setting it to be that way, but it is, and it looks kind of nice. :)
Next, we've (finally!) set up and started using some of our Christmas gifts.  I learned only a couple days ago how to use the Bluetooth Kevin bought me, and just yesterday, I opened the candle and candle holder Kevin's cousins, Elisha, and his wife, Casey, got for us.  It's the taller one.
And last, we returned to an old faithful tonight: Scrabble!!!!  Neither one of us are too horribly good, but we do enjoy the game.  It went much faster since we've imposed a time limit per turn.

I think he was getting ready to move in for the kill.
And that's all for now.  Knox County schools were closed, so Kevin did get to stay home and be political all day.  UT doesn't close for anything, so I was sent off to brave the ice and snow.  But it wasn't a bad day.  

The snow does give a calm, quietness to everything that is generally lacking in our hectic, fast-paced lives.

Ah, may we learn to live as though a fresh-fallen snow has always just fallen.

"Peace I leave with you;
My peace I give to you..."
(John 14:27)



No comments: