Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Dice Have It.

One of the things I love so much about marriage (and there are many things I love about it) is the sharing of who we are. I am daily amazed that, though I knew Kevin well when we got married, I know him a hundred times better today. At times, I think I've reached the depths of who he is. Then little things come out and I stop and think, "I didn't know that was a part of who you are. And to think I'll know him better in five years or ten years or twenty years! :)

There's a lot we bring with us from how we grew up...okay, so most we bring with us is from how we grew up. I learned that in the first week of being married! Last night, he ushered me into a Fowler family past time: we played Yahtzee.
I'd never played it before--the game of choice in our home was generally Scrabble--and, though I was tired, I think I've got a knack for rolling those dice. :) Watch out, Vegas! ;-)
First Roll.
Kevin, the strategist.
Lydia, not quite sure what she's doing, but having fun doing it.

Yes, folks. There you have it. My very first Yahtzee.

For the sake of my husband, I won't share the final scores. Let's just say, I think it had more to do with the luck of the die than with experience.
Any games that your family wore a beaten path to? :-)

No comments: