Friday, December 12, 2008

Saturday IS Coming!

...And none too soon!

Last week, you know, the one after Thanksgiving, FLEW by, so I had some high hoped for this one. It, however, wasn't to be. I'm sitting at my desk, nose running from my lunch of Taco Bell nachos with jalapenos (which were actually spicy this time!), grateful for my job. And grateful that it's Friday.

Why am I so anxious for the weekend, you ask? Well, aside from the obvious reasons, I leave tomorrow to spend the night with some of the coolest, dearest girls I know!

That's right: It's roommate time in Tennessee!!!!!!!
It started out with Len, me, and Laura in Carenegie Hall during our Junior year.
(the picture is from graduation Senior year, but you get the idea.)
Senior year, we added Anne to our bunch. Anne and I were both RA's the year before and so went from having our own rooms to having a roommate. We were both nervous, but managed nicely, and I wouldn't trade that year with her for anything!
(I especially love the picture. That was the general state of our relationship: I was eating; Anne was just staring--haha!)

...And then there were four!

We all graduated last May and have managed to get back together a couple times since then. I'm super excited about this weekend, as we're doing a mini-vacation to Asheville, NC. Staying in a hotel overnight, going to a gingerbread exhibit during the day, hanging out....

College would not have been the wonderful experience that it was without these young ladies! We're each in our own path right now: Anne is living at home, working; Len is at Princeton Theological Seminary (yes, that Princeton); Laura is at Columbia Seminary in Atlanta; and I'm married working at UT.

The Lord has been gracious, and we can still come back together and share in each other's lives!

May we never lose that!

No comments: