Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holiday Budget Crunch? Nah!!!

I have learned from the best!

We used to tease my mom about her Christmas shopping habits: she literally starts shopping the day after Christmas for the next Christmas, and then she buys gifts all year long so that when Christmas rolls around, she's done.

Now that I am married and living on a budget as well, I see the wisdom in this. About a week ago (just before Thanksgiving), I sat down with my husband to talk over the budget. He mentioned that we'd have to start shopping soon for Christmas, and I said, "Well, I've got it almost all done."

Of our four parents, three brothers, three sisters, six neices, and two nephews, we've only got one nephew left to go!

The only hard part is actually remembering that we've already bought them gifts! :-)

1 comment:

Akprestons said...

YOU GO GIRL. WOW. I'm totally impressed. I told Charley last Christmas that it was insane to try and buy SO many people SO many gifts in one little month and that I was never going to do it again. I resolved to start much earlier this year. And I did. About 2 weeks earlier (about a week before Thanksgiving I started stashing gifts for Charley and brainstorming for the Igs) haha.. it's a start right?? Jen, Geoff and all their kids are done, but I still have my dad/step-mom/two brothers, his parents and his whole side of the family. *heavy sigh*.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :) And enjoy the 4 snowflakes you got on your car today! that made me laugh!!