Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One Stubborn Little Plant

There's a crack in our driveway that we pass every time we come up or go down it. It's gotten slightly larger recently, and apparently, it's now the environment for vegetation, as you can see below.
This isn't all that impressive, unless you've actually seen our driveway. It's a steep climb, straight up. Amazing, isn't it--the least likely place for growth is sometimes the most fertile.


On the hike back up, I passed some beautiful flowers. Enjoy! :)





A couple evenings ago, we went blackberry picking with our friends, Mark and Jackie and their children, Ella and Eli. Though I did not bring my camera with me for that excursion, I did come across a tiny bush that, as far as I know, has not been discovered. If you have never tasted berries right off the bush, they are an extreme treat--sweet, and soft, and melt-in-your-mouth good!

"...But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law, he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season,

And whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

~Psalm 1:2-3

No comments: