Saturday, May 8, 2010

Porch Produce

When I was little, my mother converted a giant tire filled with sand that had worn out its welcome as a sandbox into a circular garden in San Antonio. The only thing I actually remember being grown there was banana peppers, but I'm sure I'm missing something. There were probably tomatoes and other varieties of vegetation. It was fun.

Well, folks, we don't have a tire. We don't have any dirt. Heck, we don't even have a yard!

But we do have a porch, some pots, and I did invest in a bit o' soil.

Aaaaannnddddd.....

Voila!
It started with just one little Tomato plant, but he seemed lonely. So, we added.

This is Cilantro (left) and Sweet Bell Pepper (right).

And, imagine my surprise when I was watering the other day, and actually noticed this little guy just hanging around. I guess I underestimated my ability to actually grow plants that produced something!Stuffed peppers, anyone!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!
(Do people still say that?)

Awesome job! I like to see people making good use of what they have. Bu beware, it can get addictive. You don't want to end up on a farm, like, in Nebraska somewhere so you can have a bit of earth.

Oh, and I love your artwork, too. I just never knew how talented you are!

Love you much. Kick, I mean kiss my brother for me!