Friday, April 23, 2010

The Only Way to Spend an Evening

We have a porch. It's tiny, and it's one floor up, but it's ours and recently, I've taken a great liking to decorating it. Last spring, my flower experiment was a failure (completely!), but I'm not letting that get me down. We're trying again--this time with some easier flowers.

Aren't they pretty? We've also got a white annual, but it doesn't have as many buds yet. Here's hoping a little water and lots of sunshine is sufficient to sustain these little guy, because my thumb is as far from green as can get.And.....

I've got a tomato plant! Yay! Again lack of green-thumbness may mean we get no maters, but we're giving it a shot. Everything I've read says that tomatoes are fairly foolproof gardening. :)
AND...

Since the weather's been absolutely lovely, we've been frequenting our newly-flowered porch. And what better way to frequent it than to take along a game we both loved when we were younger?
We played late into the night, as you can see from the lack of sunlight behind me.
We did have to decipher, change, and compromise with some of the house rules that we're used to. :)
Hope you're enjoying the spring weather in ways that are special to you! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice evening. Your flowers looked very pretty. Dad said you had something he didn't have a tomatoe plant. He has most of his garden out, but no tomatoes yet. Hope to see you tomorrow. Love you both, Mom