Thursday, January 21, 2010

How We Spent MLK Day

What's the best way to spend a day celebrating a man who loved peace, fought for justice, and celebrated the American right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

We went down to Vonore and shot some guns.
For those of you a little shocked that this is how I wanted to spend one of my rare days off, you're not alone--Kevin was shocked, too. Guns are not something I grew up with, nor are they something that I'm completely comfortable with, which I blame more on my nurture than my nature.
Needless to say, I do enjoy pretending to be Annie Oakley and seeing how good my aim is. Beside that, the silhouettes will make great guest-room wall paper. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lydia, You looked like you knew what you was doing. Come to Vonore as often as you like to shoot your gun. We sure enjoyed spending the day with you. Love, Mom

Cameron and Andrew said...

How fun! Did you all have to bring your own gun or did you rent them?