Monday, September 1, 2008

! * ! * Boomsday * ! * !

Happy Labor Day To Everyone!

Kevin and I had our first official taste of big city life last night. We went to Knoxville's annual spectacular fireworks display, appropriately named Boomsday. I've never been, and Kevin had not been in several years. There was lots to partake in, and we were joined by thousands!

Thanks to some friends we had a great spot on top of a parking garage. This is the view from the top:

Like I said, we met up with several friends, including, but not limited to two of my college roommates. Len, Ashley, Laura, and me waiting for the fireworks to get going! :)


The fireworks were spectacular! The set them off to music--it's a fabulous sight!


Those two vertical sparks on the far right are set off from the top of a hospital. Gotta wonder what the patients think of that, huh? :)

Proof that Kevin and I were actually there:

Just before the finale, they do something called "The Waterfall." It looks like water falling from the bridge. It's beautiful!



No comments: