Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dollywood With the Pairs

On the Monday that my parents were here, we went to Dollywood. For those who don't know, Dollywood is the Tennessee equivalent of Six Flags or Sea World (minus the animals). It's about 45 minutes away in Pigeon Forge and is owned by Dolly Parton. Kevin's parents gave us season passes for Christmas. It was a great day with beautiful sunny weather and not too many people (although we did gasp when we entered the parking lot and spotted about fifteen school buses...

Here are some pictures from our day....

Dolly's old tour bus, which was just retired this past December, was on display. Comparitively, it wasn't as big as we were expecting. This is mom and me in her vanity. Behind, you can see her bedroom.

Before we venture much further, I must explain that my mother is not a theme park person. She's not into heights, nor does she ride roller coasters. She is, however, perfectly comfortable, armed with her camera, to watch other ride and take pictures of various things or people of interest.

With that said, I did convince her to ride one ride with me. We sat in chairs and pulled ourselves up using a rope--totally under our control how fast, how high, or how not fast or high we go, I told her. She agreed...Doesn't she look like a little kid? :-)

And off we set....I had a great time...


Unfortunately, Mom didn't....


She did, however, make it off alive and lived to suffer through the wettest seat of the River Rampage, a giant inner tube that flows down a river as six people sit inside and hope their underwear survives.

When it comes to roller coasters, my dad is much more adventurous and will ride almost anything once. With that in mind, Kevin took him on the Mystery Mine, Dollywood's newest roller coaster.


We caught no pictures of them actually on the ride; however, they both enjoyed it immensely. :)


Kevin and I rode the Dizzy Disk and...well...I just wanted an excuse to put this picture up because I like it a lot.

Overall, we greatly enjoyed our time at Dollywood. It was an enjoyable time of just being together.

No comments: