Friday, April 3, 2009

A Little Jean-ology.

According to Wikipedia, jeans are "pants, or trousers, made from denim [and they are] mainly designed for work..."

According to me, they're just darn comfortable! I could eat, sleep, and do just about anything else encompassed in a pair of Levi's (which is strange because I own multiple pairs of jeans, and none of them are official "Levi's")! It takes only seconds after I walk in the door to throw off my work attire and grab the closest pair I can find.

Where does this topic come from, you ask? Well, we went on vacation two weeks ago, and a load of jeans needing laundering has been laying fallow on our bedroom floor because we only had enough quarters for one load of laundry at the time, and, let's face it, underwear will just win that competition every time!

But I stopped by the bank the other day and got $40 worth of quarters (yeah, I know! we'll probably never run out now!), and this evening, my wonderful blue denim trousers were returned to me, and I'm excited.

So, I'm thankful to the youths of the 1950's who rejected what was common in favor of the casual, and I salute them! :-)
That's me in one of my most favorite wardrobe pieces: OVERALLS!! And it was taken with the tripod Kevin allowed me for my new hobby. I got it last weekend and I've been playing with it ever since! :) Maybe at some point I'll learn to include the rest of my head in the picture!! haha!

No comments: