Saturday, April 25, 2009

Life Changing Software



Hello friends and fellow Mac heads,

For the past month or so I have been using computer software called Things. It is from a company based out of Germany called Cultured Code. This software is simply a sophisticated to-do list based off of world-renowned productivity guru David Allen's system (and book by the same name) Getting Things Done.

I first experimented with the iPod/iPhone version of this product. I purchased it for $10 (which is pretty expensive as far as iTunes Store apps go) and found that it was totally worth it. I then read about their desktop version which would open a whole new world to my iPod version. I purchased it (after a free 15 day trial) for $50.

For a grand total of $60, I have purchased the entire Things package and it has earned my highest recommendation. Using it and the Getting Things Done model, I have become more productive, more responsible, more punctual, and even...more relaxed. If you would like to know more, I highly encourage you to watch the video that is linked above. You may only want to watch the first half, as the latter half talks about software development. This is a great company and investment. I hope that you will consider it.

No comments: