Sunday, March 15, 2009

So Far Away and Yet...So Close!

I'm not a technology fan.  In general, I'd rather throw my computer out the window and revert back to the days when we walked from place to place (hoop skirts and all!).  Kevin has converted me somewhat, as our phone line is through the Internet and our computer has a little apple symbol on it. :)

But I'd have to say that yesterday probably took the cake.

From thousands of miles away, we spoke to and chatted with our sister and her five beautiful children!  It was like they were in the same room!  (except they're not quite so pixelated in person ;).  

Below are some pictures from the fruits of Kim and Kevin's roughly forty five minutes on the phone as Kevin talked Kim through the web cam setting up process.  

As I'm sure you'll agree, it was well worth it! :)

Kevin talking to Rachel:
Kevin waving at Caleb...who pretty much just stared the whole time. :)
The next picture actually came from last weekend.  Kevin and his college roommate, Josh, synced their Wii's together and played a game of MarioKart while having each other on their web cams...it was like college again!

Like I said, I'm not a tech fan, but it's sure brought some family and friends who are far away close....and that's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Akprestons said...

aww.. that's NEAT! I should set a webcam up with my sister and her family who live in TN. :) Glad you guys were able to do that. it makes living far from family a wee bit easier.

love jess