Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Happy Birthday, Lydia!

On Sunday Lydia turned 24 years old. (Thus, marks the annual period where she is numerically three years older than me.) Regretfully, she has been a bit sick lately. Yet, I hope these gifts will cheer her up.


Red Herrings & White Elephants: The Origins of the Phrases We Use Every Day by Albert Jack
This book was written to reveal the origins of those idioms that we use every day. I think there is something for everyone in this book. Lydia is quite the wordsmith and I am quite the history nerd, so I think this is a gift that we can both enjoy.







Home Improvement: Season 6

While Lydia and I have our dessert after dinner, we love to kick back and watch boxsets. (Why pay $30 a month for cable when you can have an entire television season for the same amount?) Though some fail to find the humor within the Taylor family, we are not among them. Home Improvement has got to be one of the best family shows ever created. So, I got her 24 more episodes of "Hidy-Ho good neighbor" and "I am Tim 'The Tool Man' Taylor."


Dinner

Since she was feeling down on Sunday, Thursday night I am taking her to one of her favorite restaurants. After all, you don't turn 24 every year.

No comments: