Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Little Rearranging

It only took a couple months (maybe even weeks) of marriage for Kevin to realize that I love to rearrange furniture. I wasn't really all that worried, though, because when we were in college, I took note that Kevin made a point to rearrange his dorm room at least once a year--and he only had one room to play with!

I'm a very visual person, and it only takes the twinkling of an idea of rearrangement to get my cylinders firing. I even remember one night when we were living in Maryville. It was 10 pm, and the idea had been forming all day. Finally, I got the mental redecorating right, and, well, I just couldn't wait until the next morning to bring it to fruition. It had to happen right then!

Whatever this may say about my lack of patience (and there is plenty lack, let me tell you!), I do have an incredibly understanding husband who, to the best of his ability, humors my whims.

But, this time, it was all on him. Well...mostly.

See, Kevin's been hinting toward a new TV recently. I resisted for whatever excuses I could put up: it won't our current entertainment center (which was true), we don't watch it that much anyway (but we love our movies!), and we don't have the money (yet).

Well, Kevin's accepted the entertainment center as his new dresser (doing well so far), we still don't watch too much (but American Idol has been fun), and the debt is PIF. So, we bit the bullet, and bought a wholesale, brand new, flat-screen TV. And it's been fun. Even Optimus has been getting in on it (I think he thought it was real yesterday and was trying to fly into the screen :).

So, Welcome to our New Living Room....

P.S. Since you'd probably not be aware of this on your own--that's Kevin's old dresser in the corner. It's a surprisingly functional game/remote control/VHS holder. :)

No comments: