Monday, December 17, 2007

Terrific birthday gift


I cannot believe that I failed to mention a terrific birthday gift that I received from my dear wife. She surprised me with the gift during a scavenger hunt through her parent's house in Ft. Worth. At the end of this little adventure waited two floor tickets for the Switchfoot/Relient K Appetite for Construction Tour.

The concert was the very same week as my comprehensive exams, yet I was not going to miss this opportunity for the world. We were joined by my good friend Josh and his fiance Kati. This tour was the fourth time that I had seen Relient K in concert and the first time that I have seen Switchfoot. Relient K is always awesome in concert. They can blend a tight, professional performance yet never abandon the garage band feel. I truly believe that they are one of the most talented bands in mainstream music today.

To get a sample of their greatness, here they are performing a cover of a Beach Boy classic.





Switchfoot was also amazing. I always believed that The Beautiful Letdown was an amazing album but admittedly I was never very big on them. But, things are changing after their very entertaining set. Below is the acoustic version of their biggest hit.





No comments: