Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tour de South



Lydia and I have done our fair share of traveling during the month of November. According to my quick calculations, we have flown and driven around 3050 miles during this month. Of course all of this excessive traveling was due to very important events to in my new family.




The first round of traveling (Knoxville-Charlotte-Fort Worth-Lubbock-Fort Worth-Charlotte-Knoxville) was due to the long awaited marriage of Lydia's brother Donald to his college sweetheart Danielle. As weddings are often makeshift family reunions, it was great meeting some of Lydia's family/friends that I have never met before. It was a great trip but we are finding it more and more difficult to say goodbye to Steve and Mo. In fact, the highlight of the trip was seeing Steve--former tennis player of the Air Force Academy--playing my Nintendo Wii. It was hilarious seeing him run all over the living room chasing the 3D ball. What a blast!
--
The second round of travelling was our annual (I think a tradition is officially forming here) post-Thanksgiving Day trip to Atlanta to visit Lydia's Uncle Don and her Aunt Lisa. On each trip to visit one of my many in-laws it feels like I am becoming more and more apart of the Freggens/Skidmore families. I brought the Nintendo Wii along on this trip as well and Don's four children (Marjorie, Drew, Boyd, and Max) loved it. I am beginning to think that my new family only loves me for my Nintendo. Unfortunately, Lydia and I did not take pictures of this particular visit, but I did post pictures from Thanksgiving 2006.
Lydia and I are becoming quite the nation-trotters, so you may want to watch out for us in a town near you.

1 comment:

don said...

Ouch Kevin. We love you cause you are the apple of Lydia's eyes.
Also the kids thought you were just great when you came last year with no wii in the sky. It was great fun for us to experience it and you were so nice to think of us and let us share your wii. We really would have been just as happy with your lil ol selves, catchin up and getting to know you both better.-Don Freggens jr.